Kingston Elite is a member of the Ontario Cheerleading Federation and Cheer Canada. As such, we are permitted to run individual training for competitive and recreational athletes if we maintain physical distancing guidelines set by the KFL&A Public Health Unit.
KE believes in proper development of its athletes. Paramount in athletic achievement is safety. Despite being permitted to allow 50 people in the training space, KE will ensure maintenance of 2-meter physical distancing between athletes and coaches by capping the number of people inside the gym significantly below our maximum capacity.
Registration for Fall Session 2020 (September 12 to November 28) session is open!
WHO SHOULD TAKE IT?
This program is normally for athletes ages 5 and up. Due to our gym’s stringent distancing policies, we will interview parents of athletes who are under the age of 8 to determine if their child has the independence to attend class during COVID-19. We recommend our program for ages 8 and up at this time.
All tumbling classes occur on Saturdays beginning September 8 to November 28, 2020 (except for Thanksgiving weekend, October 10). 11-week session. Please see each class for times.
Beginner / Level 1 – A fundamentals class for athletes with no experience up to those learning hand-stands, round-offs, front and back walk-overs, and combinations. 11:00AM – 12:00PM.
Novice / Level 2 – For athletes ready to learn how to do back handsprings to those learning how to connect handsprings in sequence. 12:15 - 1:15PM.
Level 3/4/5 – For athletes ready to learn how to do back flips at the end of their running and standing back handspring series up to those learning to layout double-twist and standing fulls. 1:30 – 2:30PM.
1) KE’s Recreational Athlete Membership $25 + HST covers the cost of insurance from September 2020 to April 2021 and a t-shirt for the student to wear to class and keep. Competitive athletes have paid this fee with their competitive athlete membership fee.
2) Ontario Cheerleading Federation & Cheer Canada athlete membership (approximately $20). Please see below for instructions on how to enrol.
3) Class Tuition of $330+HST for the 11-class session. This fee will be processed in weekly instalments of $30+HST on the Saturday of each class. Weekly payments are necessary as our province may undergo another quarantine at any time. Should operations need to cease, payments will also cease as of the Saturday following the quarantine announcement.
Kingston Elite reserves the right to cancel/combine any classes with insufficient registration.
1. The membership fee is non-refundable but if you return to take a class with us within the season (until April 30, 2021) the membership fee will still be active.
2. The balance of tuition occurring during the month of cancellation must be settled when an athlete terminates their enrolment. For example, if an athlete quits on October 11, 2020 payment will be owe for payments on October 17, 24, and 31.
3. Make-up classes and fees are not given due to vacation, sickness, conflicting schedules, failure to pass the pre-class screening procedure, etc.
4. Clothing orders already processed and other tuck-shop items are final sale only. No refunds are issued.
HOW TO REGISTER:
Competitive athletes please contact us at email@example.com to register.
If you are not a competitive athlete at Kingston Elite please go through this process:
Once all four forms have been received a member of our administrative team will contact you. If accepted, we will then direct you to obtain your OCF & Cheer Canada membership: www.ocfcheer.com.
Once your renewal/purchase of the Ontario Cheerleading Federation and Cheer Canada for 2020-2021 is completed, send to firstname.lastname@example.org your Athlete ID card to complete registration. Fees will be listed on their website: www.ocfcheer.com.
We appreciate that our registration process is time-consuming. This is reflective of COVID-19 taking place and a high-level of precaution is being taken by our gym to ensure the safety of athletes and coaches, alike.